Job Summary: Responsible for planning and supervision of production operations and staff within a given department.
Education: Bachelor of Science/Arts degree in Operations Management or related preferred.
Experience: 5 plus years of supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment. Computer skills in report generation and Microsoft applications required. Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) preferred. Quality decision making, planning, and leadership skills required.
Job Specific Requirements: In the event that the Production Manager is absent, the Department Manager is responsible for providing an equally qualified person to cover this position.
In addition to the requirements listed on the job description they are looking for:
· Has a related degree (Operations, business, and engineering).
· Has experience with retail food packaging.
· Has nut or dried food processing experience.
· Has actively participated in their facility’s food processing audits.
· Exposure to 5-S Lean Manufacturing and visual factory management.
· Some Sanitation & Pest control experience.
· Has management experience in a food processing facility.
Position duties and responsibilities:
· Manages and supervises production lines, personnel, and facility issues. Responsible for ensuring employee productivity, facility safety, and maintenance activities while working in conjunction with other managers and supervisors.
· Directly supervise, train, and evaluate Production Supervisors and line personnel.
· Responsible for executing the production schedules.
· Monitors, exceeds, and maintain production standards for efficiencies, material waste and quality.
· Monitors and reduces costs within the department.
· Observes and enforces safety, GMP, and allergen programs and attends appropriate training sessions.
· Must actively participate and lead Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
· Additional responsibilities: managing work orders, communication with scheduling, and problem solving.
· Responsible for manufacturing, distributing and consistently maintaining safe and quality food by following good manufacturing practices, allergen controls, food defense, HACCP and SQF requirements.
· Responsible for immediately reporting all food safety and quality issues to your manager.
· Responsible for partnering with others; Sharing knowledge, skills and information within your team and across functional areas.
· Responsible for enhancing technical and functional competencies, as well as professional and leadership development.