Experience: Must have five or more years of direct experience in Human Resources and Labor Relations in a manufacturing environment.
· Strong understanding of food industry, particularly seasonal processing.
· Ability to utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Exceptional communication, negotiation, facilitation, and presentation skills required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in an HR or business related field required
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing leadership in human resources and labor relations activities for the entire operation. This facility employs 900+ production workers, largely represented by the Teamsters Union. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager and indirectly to the VP of Human Resources, and will:
1. Function as a strategic business advisor to management team.
2. Establish and maintain ongoing working relationships between management, employees, and representatives of the Teamsters Union.
3. Manage the HR staff for all business unit activities including recruiting, training, scheduling, payroll processing, benefits administration, and employee and labor relations.
4. Interpret language and administer the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
5. Ensure compliance with the dispute resolution process including communication, discipline, grievance management, mediation, and arbitration.
6. Oversee and implement all HR and payroll activities and directives for the business unit.
7. Assure compliance with Federal and State laws.
8. Develop and implement policies, procedures, and programs for all HR and payroll activities.