The Production Supervisor in this position will be required to be a hands-on, self-starter with the ability to motivate and lead the employees in his/her department. He/ She is responsible for leading the Pick/Prep department by example in such a way to exemplify the company’s mission “To be the most trusted food manufacturer in the industry”.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
· Responsible for the hiring of the best candidates, counseling and coaching employees on performance along with conducting all Performance Appraisals for the department.
· Develop and implement improved processes to ensure that the department is functioning in the most effective and efficient manner. Makes formal recommendations of/for equipment procurement.
· Develop and implements department specific structured training for all department procedures and Food Safety Guidelines
· Oversee that all employees are trained on all safety aspects of the equipment in the department and assures that it is functioning in a safe manner.
· Provide all employees with the proper PPEs and assures that it is being properly used at all times
· Provide the Pick/Prep teams daily instructions based on Kettle production requirements and holds them accountable for completing the tasks correctly
· Resolves most RF Scan Gun or raw material issues with or without the assistance of other Production Management
· Provides the “Shortage Team” direction regarding resolution of shortages
· Reviews daily reports from ERP and follows up with appropriate teams for any performance coaching required
· Oversees the daily sanitation process throughout the department in regards to departmental tasks